08 Dec This Month in Marketing: November
Posted at 09:46h in This Month in Marketing
- Howdy pinners! Did you know that Pinterest has introduced more targeting options for ad campaigns? Reported by Social Media Examiner, Pinterest’s enhanced ad targeting options will make it easier for you. Pinterest’s own business blog says marketers using Ads Manager can now create audiences ‘built on people’s interest in a specific pin that links to (their) website’ and ‘retarget five specific actions: clicks, comments, saves, likes and closeups.’
- It’s onwards and upwards in media land with two major promotions at Pacific Magazines. The media giant has promoted New Idea Editor in Chief, Louisa Hatfield, to General Manager Entertainment and Family, while Home Beautiful Editor in Chief Wendy Moore has been promoted to General Manager of Homes and Food. The appointments follow on from Pacific Magazines’ selling off of K-Zone and Total Girl magazines earlier in November.
- In other media news – fans of the old ‘Dolly Doctor’ will be sad it will be no more with the announcement by Bauer Media that they will pull the pin on the print edition of the iconic teen girl magazine, Dolly.
- Love live streaming radio? A new free app will allow you to live stream 250 Australian radio stations covering music, sport, talk and news, as well as digital-only stations. The radio industry’s new, unified streaming app for smartphones, RadioApp, can be downloaded through the App Store and Google Play now.
- Noticed more recent changes to Snapchat? Late in November, Snapchat removed its Story Explorer feature that allowed people to view specific moments of a Live Story from different perspectives. Just a year after introducing it in the first place, it seems Snapchat is narrowing its aperture.
- Need a holiday? The prestigious Annual Australian Traveller People’s Choice Awards have just been announced. The awards, voted for by more than 6000 Australian travellers, recognise the best travel experiences and destinations for 2016. Best beach? The Whitsundays have it. Winter destination? Tassie gets it. Regional escape? The Barossa Valley scored that one!
- Thinking about using an emoji in your next brand campaign? Well you’re trying too hard. That’s according to a survey of millennials who think brands using emojis are trying too hard. What do you think? 🙂 J
- Are you totally addicted to social media? You’re not alone. So what does social media obsession say about us? Find out more about our social media obsession with musings from Digital Designer, Tim Brown, from Minneapolis Web Design.
- Ever wondered why your smiley faces sometimes show up as a J? Turns out you can thank Wingdings!