jobs and internships
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
We are looking for a new Marketing and Communications Manager, based at Threesides HQ, in the heart of Dickson.
This role is for someone who is a good project manager with a marketing/communications background and a passion for digital marketing. The position is in our Marketing Department team which provides an outsourced team of experts to our clients permanently or for specific campaigns who don’t have the skills in-house to deliver on their own.
What to expect?
- We are not your typical agency, we don’t have Account Managers. You get to talk directly with your clients so you better understand their needs and can build genuine rapport with some amazing people.
- Your highest priority is managing your small portfolio of clients (approx. 4 major clients) and managing the day-to-day implementation of their marketing plan e.g. delegating to other staff, time management, project tracking and sticking to their budget.
- Monitor and evaluate digital analytics (in Google Data Studio) to measure the success of marketing activities.
- Brief other staff, or as required, develop content yourself, for client marketing collateral, enewsletters, social media and web, is part of every day.
- Quality check content before it goes live, from graphic design to video production, social media calendars to print materials.
What we are looking for?
- At least 4 years’ marketing or communications experience and demonstrated ability to use technology, digital marketing channels and tools.
- Excellent and proven project management. Our managers are great at planning ahead briefing our specialist staff/suppliers so they have enough information to deliver what they’re best at e.g. our copywriters, digital team or onsite photographer.
- Good communicator and able to forge strong professional working relationships with staff and clients.
- Open to timekeeping. We bill in 15-minute increments and provide monthly reports to hourly billed clients.
- Eager to continuously learn and grow knowledge and skills.
- Marketing experience with not-for-profit sector, hospitality and/or childcare.
What it is like to work at Threesides?
- We have an in-house team of 16 marketing, online and PR professionals based in Canberra and Sydney.
- The office is open plan so there is a good balance between jokes and respect for others when people need to concentrate.
- We have our very own career development framework and personalised career plans for staff looking to grow and provide access to a range of training to get you across the digital tools we use.
- You get free coffee from the café downstairs, free car parking and Friday afternoon beers, ciders (or gin! – we don’t discriminate).
How to apply?
Applications are being received through our advert on Seek (see link below) and applications MUST include the following:
- Link to your LinkedIn profile or current resume.
- In 200 words or less why you want to work at Threesides and what skills you can offer our Marketing Manager role. Happy to accept video or written submissions.
Have some questions? Email [email protected]
Applications close Monday 2 March 2020.
Future Job OPPORTUNITIES
We are always open to meeting new people who are passionate and experts in various areas of marketing and who will fit well with our culture and values. At the same time we are realistic that it can be hard to find the right people at the right time so even if we are not actively recruiting for a particular role, we are always keeping are eyes out for the next Threesider. So if you think we could be the right fit for you, submit an expression of interest form and if we’ll get back to you if we think we have something that might suit your expertise in the near future.
Over the years, many Threesiders have started with us as an intern and progressed to marketing coordinators, marketing managers and even senior management. Please note, we can’t take on interns all year round and we receive loads of applications every year, so if you want us to take interest, make your application engaging, like any good marketer, we love visuals, video, etc.
Who should apply?
We can only take you on as an intern if what we do is part of something you are studying at university or a nationally recognised tertiary training organisation. You don’t have to be studying marketing specifically, for example we have web developers in-house so IT students might be interested in completing their internship here, if we have a relevant project to your studies.
Expressions of Interest Form
This form is for people interested in future internship opportunities or marketing vacancies as they become available. On completion of this form we will add you to our monthly Insides of Threesides newsletter so you can keep up to date with the latest in the marketing world.