jobs and internships
marketing manager REQUIRED
We are still looking for the “one” so if you have applied for our Marketing Manager role earlier this year or you are a recent graduate with limited work experience please do not apply for this role. Instead scroll down to our Expressions of Interest form for the opportunity to be considered for more relevant roles in the future.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading client projects to ensure desired marketing outcomes are achieved. This role is also responsible for supporting the Director and other Senior Managers. This role requires direct interaction with clients and well developed project management experience to project teams and your marketing activities on client projects.
What does a Marketing Manager do?
- We are not your typical agency, we don’t have Account Managers. As a Marketing Manager, you will directly talk with your clients so you are truly responsive and understanding of their needs and can easily build genuine relationships and rapport with some amazing people.
- Your highest priority is managing your portfolio of clients and projects including resourcing, time management, project tracking, budgeting and reporting.
- Write practical marketing plans based on information sourced through research, client consultations and workshops and confidently present plans back to the client.
- Monitor and evaluate digital analytics to measure the success of marketing activities and programs.
- Coordinate/produce content for client marketing collateral, enewsletters, social media and web, is part of every day.
- Manage the quality control of external suppliers for the production of online and offline marketing assets, including photography, graphic design and video production.
- We respect our staff have specialised knowledge and skills in marketing, so the Management Team draw on those strengths when making business improvements and when considering the management of new clients.
What we are looking for?
- A marketing all-star that has a range of experience across various disciplines (including digital marketing) – at least 4 years’ experience.
- Excellent and proven communication skills and are able to forge strong professional working relationships with staff and clients.
- Solid and demonstrated project/campaign management skills. Our Marketing Managers are great at planning ahead and engaging with our specialist staff and suppliers so they have enough information and time to deliver what they’re best at e.g. our copywriters, digital team or onsite photographer.
- Understanding and ability to use technology, digital marketing channels and tools.
- You live and breathe marketing and have been known to read up and research the latest industry trends in your spare time.
- Strong time-keeping ability, with the understanding of the need to allocate time spent on clients correctly.
- Eager to continuously learn and grow knowledge and skills.
- We have some interesting existing and relatively new business-to-business clients coming on board so your B2B experience would be valuable to us from day one.
- Agency experience/comfortable with time billing environment.
What it is like to work at Threesides?
- We have an in-house team of 14 marketing, online and PR professionals based in Canberra and Sydney.
- The office is open plan so there is a good balance between jokes and respect for others when people need to concentrate.
- We have our very own career development framework and personalised career plans for staff looking to grow and provide access to a range of training to get you across the digital tools we use.
- You get free coffee from the café downstairs, free car parking and Friday afternoon beers, ciders (or gin! – we don’t discriminate).
How to apply?
Complete the application form to the right of this advertisement.
Job Application Form
This form is for people interested in our current job vacanies.
Future Job OPPORTUNITIES
We are always open to meeting new people who are passionate and experts in various areas of marketing and who will fit well with our culture and values. At the same time we are realistic that it can be hard to find the right people at the right time so even if we are not actively recruiting for a particular role, we are always keeping are eyes out for the next Threesider. So if you think we could be the right fit for you, submit an expression of interest form and if we’ll get back to you if we think we have something that might suit your expertise in the near future.
Over the years, many Threesiders have started with us as an intern and progressed to marketing coordinators, marketing managers and even senior management. Please note, we can’t take on interns all year round and we receive loads of applications every year, so if you want us to take interest, make your application engaging, like any good marketer, we love visuals, video, etc.
Who should apply?
We can only take you on as an intern if what we do is part of something you are studying at university or a nationally recognised tertiary training organisation. You don’t have to be studying marketing specifically, for example we have web developers in-house so IT students might be interested in completing their internship here, if we have a relevant project to your studies.
Expressions of Interest Form
This form is for people interested in future internship opportunities or marketing vacancies as they become available. On completion of this form we will add you to our monthly Insides of Threesides newsletter so you can keep up to date with the latest in the marketing world.