jobs and internships
Social Media Coordinator
Our Social Media Coordinator lives and breathes social media content development, campaign setup and platform management, across a range of different clients and channels. So we need someone who is as passionate about social media as we are!
With the help of senior staff, social online learning and a love of constant self-guided training, you will grow your career to become an expert of content development and advertising for social media at Threesides.
What does a Social Media Coordinator do at Threesides?
- Development of social media for a number of clients including content writing and community management.
- Managing ongoing social media advertising across a range of advertising types such as promoted posts, Facebook Canvas, Instagram ads etc.
- Developing social media calendars, plans and advertising recommendations, with the guidance of senior management.
- Responsibility for managing client ad spend budgets and time allocated on projects.
- Developing creative advertising tactics.
- Coordinating activities to support managers such as research and drafting content for presentations, social audits and content strategies.
- Assisting with writing other client content like blogs, newsletters and website content
What we are looking for?
- Demonstrated experience and love for social media.
- An eagerness to learn all things marketing, particularly social media.
- Practical understanding of the marketing and PR field through previous work experience, study or side hustle.
- Understanding and/or ability to use technology (e.g. Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Hootsuite) in performing your day to day job.
- Strong communicator – must be able to write and communicate well with the team, suppliers and clients.
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise and manage competing deadlines.
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic – punctuality, attendance and going the extra mile is required in our busy, fast paced agency.
- Flexibility to be able to deal with ad hoc requests at short notice and switching between tasks and clients.
- A sense of humour and be easy going. We are close knit bunch and aim to create a culture where people respect each other, are open and honest and check their egos at the door.
What it is like to work at Threesides?
We have an in-house team of 14 marketing, online and PR professionals based in Canberra and Sydney.
The office is open plan so there is a good balance between jokes and respect for others when people need to concentrate.
We have our very own career development framework and personalised career plans for staff looking to grow and provide access to a range of training to get you across the digital tools we use.
You get free coffee from the café downstairs, free car parking and Friday afternoon beers, ciders (or gin! – we don’t discriminate).
How to apply?
Complete the application form to the right of this advertisement.
Job Application Form
This form is for people interested in our current job vacanies.
Future Job OPPORTUNITIES
We are always open to meeting new people who are passionate and experts in various areas of marketing and who will fit well with our culture and values. At the same time we are realistic that it can be hard to find the right people at the right time so even if we are not actively recruiting for a particular role, we are always keeping are eyes out for the next Threesider. So if you think we could be the right fit for you, submit an expression of interest form and if we’ll get back to you if we think we have something that might suit your expertise in the near future.
Over the years, many Threesiders have started with us as an intern and progressed to marketing coordinators, marketing managers and even senior management. Please note, we can’t take on interns all year round and we receive loads of applications every year, so if you want us to take interest, make your application engaging, like any good marketer, we love visuals, video, etc.
Who should apply?
We can only take you on as an intern if what we do is part of something you are studying at university or a nationally recognised tertiary training organisation. You don’t have to be studying marketing specifically, for example we have web developers in-house so IT students might be interested in completing their internship here, if we have a relevant project to your studies.
Expressions of Interest Form
This form is for people interested in future internship opportunities or marketing vacancies as they become available. On completion of this form we will add you to our monthly Insides of Threesides newsletter so you can keep up to date with the latest in the marketing world.