AEIOU Foundation, providers of specialist therapy, education and care for young children with autism, invites Canberrans from all walks of life to get AWESOME for autism this April.
“To tie in with Autism Awareness Month, and World Autism Day on 2 April, our let’s get AWESOME for autism campaign is about raising awareness of autism and funds for children enrolled in AEIOU centres,” said Alan Smith, Chief Executive Officer for AEIOU Foundation.
“Autism affects 1 in 70 people, and AEIOU’s specialist early intervention program is designed for children with complex needs, with an inclusive team that understands their strengths and goals. By supporting these children, Canberrans are making a difference to a generation of young people and their families, helping to create a lifetime of opportunities.
“Let’s get AWESOME for autism is one of the most flexible fundraising initiatives in that donors can choose exactly how they want to be involved and get to keep things as simple or creative as they like,” Mr Smith continued.
Fundraising activities could include hosting a workplace morning tea, a bake-off, running a raffle, or participating in a walk, run or personal challenge – or anything else members of the community come up with. Fundraising is to take place in April with all funds generated going directly towards raising awareness and supporting children with autism aged 2-6 years. There are currently 11 AEIOU centres across the ACT, South Australia and Queensland.
AEIOU Canberra Region is Canberra’s first and only early intervention centre for children with autism. Located in Garran, the centre opened in 2021 with the generous support of the John James Foundation. Since opening, AEIOU Canberra Region has supported 34 children and their families.
“We hope Canberrans will get on board, rally their friends, family and colleagues to celebrate and support children with autism,” Mr Smith concluded.
For information about AEIOU, visit www.aeiou.org.au or call 1300 273 435.
About AEIOU Canberra Region
- AEIOU Canberra Region is Canberra’s first and only early intervention centre for children with autism.
- Located in Garran, the centre opened in 2021 with the generous support of the John James Foundation.
- AEIOU specialises in providing therapy, education and care for autistic children who have unique, complex needs.
- Since opening, AEIOU Canberra Region has supported 34 children and their families with supports including occupational therapists, behaviour analysts, speech pathologists, early childhood teachers and highly trained early intervention specialists.
- For more information visit www.aeiou.org.au
How do people fundraise for let’s get AWESOME for autism?
Getting AWESOME for Autism is easy:
Step 1 – Register HERE
Step 2 – Plan your event using AEIOU’s awesome resources – they have tools to kick start your plans using our Fundraising How-To guide, posters and even social media tiles to help you share your fundraising efforts.
Step 3 – Have an awesome time and raise funds for children with autism.