The Old Bus Depot Markets are next weekend kicking off their popular Christmas Markets. The Christmas Markets are on both Saturdays and Sundays throughout the month of December in the lead up to Christmas.
“Our Markets really buzz with a very Christmassy feel, and it’s a great alternative to traditional shopping centres, department stores and online shopping for Christmas. You can enjoy the seasonal atmosphere and often meet the friendly people who’ve actually handmade your Christmas goodies themselves,” said Old Bus Depot Markets Director, Diane Hinds.
The Christmas Markets will feature a large range of handmade gifts and festive items, as well as deliciously fresh Christmas food.
Christmas at the Old Bus Depot Markets will be open Saturday 5 (Annual Stallholder Sale) and Sunday 6 December, Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 December, and Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 December from 10am to 4pm. Entry is free. For more information visit www.obdm.com.au
10 best Christmas gift ideas from the Christmas Markets:
- Handmade decorations
- Handmade Christmas wreaths
- Fresh and modern wooden Christmas trees
- Christmas puddings
- Gingerbread houses
- Christmas cakes and mince tarts
- Fresh seasonal cherries
- Christmas themed napery
- Hand-blown glass Christmas tree ornaments
- Season’s greetings gift cards
- Wooden Advent calendars
- Children’s Christmas party dresses and clothing
5 reasons to shop at the Markets over regular stores
- You can often meet the maker
- Many stallholders offer custom orders
- Free parking
- Un-commercial buzzy atmosphere
- Totally unique gifts with soul