MEDIA ALERT – Monday 4 June 2012
Truffle hunts, truffle-inspired menus and truffle cooking classes are just some of the experiences on offer as part of the 2012 Canberra and Capital Region Truffle Festival, which launches on the Winter Solstice, Thursday 21 June 2012, and continues throughout July.
More than 25 of the region’s leading restaurants, wineries, cafes, food markets and truffieres are getting ready to showcase the area’s highly prized quality French Black Truffles, with the Winter Solstice marking the start of the truffle season in one of Australia’s key truffle growing areas.
The festival will include activities such as the popular truffle hunts, cooking classes and demonstrations, truffle inspired menus and tasting sessions, as well as educational sessions about this mysterious ingredient, sometimes referred to as the ‘diamond of the kitchen’.
Festival highlights include:
- The festival launch dinner at Dieci E Mezzo (Thursday 21 June);
- A cooking demonstration at the Capital Region Farmers Market (Saturday 23 June);
- Truffle hunts at a range of truffle farms in the region (throughout festival);
- Truffle degustation menu at Pulp Kitchen (Mondays in July);
- Truffle inspired goodies at Dream Cuisine and Silo Bakery (throughout festival);
- A truffle master-class for the food and catering industry with For Chefs;
- Cooking classes at 3seeds (throughout festival), Le Très Bon and Cooking Coordinates; and
- Demonstrations and tastings at the Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets on Sunday mornings.
This is just the beginning of a jam-packed schedule celebrating all things truffle, with all indicators pointing to a great growing season. For a full list of experiences visit www.trufflefestival.com.au