How you can support locals
While the last few weeks have been a challenge for many, the Threesides team has been thinking about how to support our local clients and businesses who, despite the restrictions of the ACT’s lockdown, remain open and equipped to serve the community in essential ways.
We know staying in business and keeping spirits high can be hard in situations like these, so we’re here to (safely) spread the love on what some of our friends are up to and how you can support them!
Shop safely from the comfort of your home, from local businesses who need community support during this time. While we can’t shop in person right now, we can shop responsibly online until we can get back to sweet, sweet face-to-face interactions in retail stores and producers.
- For some art, why not browse through the beautiful works exhibited at the Gallery of Small Things, the tiniest gallery in Canberra founded by Anne Masters. Every month, new pieces from various mediums are added to the gallery’s online store, supporting local artists and makers.
- For the kids, we’d recommend heading to Bunyip Toys. Their online store is Australia’s home of Playmobil and a destination for endless lockdown fun (that will also give you a small reprieve from home-schooling…). Whether you’re after rare pieces or a starter kit, your child’s imagination can roam free with Bunyip’s range.
- Powells Stockfeeds is also delivering to the Canberra region, and you can shop their extensive range of pet and stock feeds.
- If you’re looking to update your wardrobe with quality Australian pieces or get local lockdown gifts for family and friends, head to the National Museum of Australia’s online shop!
- As you’re wandering around your home in lockdown and making a list of things that need fixing or replacing, have you considered your tap filter to be one of them? Our friends at AquaSafe are open and shipping online orders. Chat to their friendly team about what filter best suits you and your family’s needs.
Eat & Drink
Wine? Did someone say wine?
- We know drinking is not the best solution to getting through lockdown, however we think Poacher’s Pantry wines are a local treat to gift yourself and while you are there add to your cart, their delicious selection of smoked meats and hampers including a Father’s Day hamper that would make any meat loving dad proud!
- Our local friends at Lake George Winery are selling their wines online and we couldn’t be happier! Seriously, we need the wine, and we need it now. Try their lovely Rosé for a FaceTime catch up with your friends, or their Shiraz to be paired with what’s cooking in the kitchen.
- If you’re not in the spirit for wine, perhaps a botanical gin from our pals at Underground Spirits might make your cocktail hour. Their newly release var Flosferam gin in collaboration with the Australian National Botanic Gardens features an amazing array of native botanicals. Send one to a loved one and share the experience together in the only way you can; via FaceTime!
DON’T FEEL LIKE COOKING?
- Look no further than Trevs @ Dickson for weeknight pizzas, takeaway coffees, and sweet treats in the heart of Dickson. Trevs is available for takeaway orders on all food delivery apps.
- Whether you’re in the heart of Dickson or Belconnen, Taj Agra has you covered for mouth-watering Indian food – and you can easily order online for lunch and dinner.
- If you’re craving a burger, then Pattysmiths is the one to try; Premium burgers, wings and sides, vegetarian, and vegan options… need we say more?
- Marble & Grain in Braddon are open daily for takeaway, so you can get your fix of delicious A la Carte breakfast staples and European steakhouse inspired dishes at home.
- Want to avoid regular grocery stores and get some locally sourced produce instead? The Capital Region Farmers Market is open again, with essential stallholder offerings. Head to the Market with your mask, your reusable tote bags and grab some fresh fruit and vegetables for your lockdown cooking. Only one person per household is allowed to attend the Market.
- Your health is important during this time, and the physios and experts at SportsCare and Physiotherapy are considered an Allied Health essential service. Been putting off getting an exercise plan due to an injury, or simply want to take this time to invest in your health? You can visit their clinics throughout the ACT by making an appointment.
- Taking care of your mental health is equally as important, especially when we have reduced our social interactions considerably. Menslink is continuing to support their community through virtual counselling and support.
- Nexis Accountants and Business Advisors are holding webinars to keep you in the loop on what kind of COVID-19 Support Grants your business might be eligible for. You can watch them all on their website, and sign up for the upcoming webinars too! If you need to speak to an accountant or bookkeeper during this time to discuss your immediate business needs, contact them today.
- Our clients at Creative by Design are hosting all design consultations virtually during the lockdown period. Chat to them about your latest home transformation project; they specialise in custom home solutions that fix storage problems in your home. With how much time you’re spending at home, you’ll probably find a nook of your home that could do with some custom shelving!
We’ll be updating this list as we go through the lockdown, and we hope you’re keeping well. In the meantime, if you require any marketing assistance, contact us today.