09 Jun Use existing media hype to build your brand – use a whale as your billboard!
Well it’s no fluke and good marketers know there’s existing media hype everywhere ripe for the picking. Keeping a keen eye on existing media hype around particular themes that relate to your brand and piggybacking
off this hype is a really cost effective way to get your message to the masses.
Over the past three months the team at Threesides has been working closely with the marketing team at NSW National Parks and Wildlife, and their incumbent PR agency Starr PR to roll out a marketing campaign to increase visitation to coastal national parks during a traditionally quiet winter period.
The annual migration of whales from Antartica to
warm water breeding grounds provided the perfect
platform on which to hook the campaign. The whales swim right past many of the coastal NSW national parks
gaining significant media coverage as they go, so why not tap into this hype to further the reach of the marketing messages for coastal national parks
and turn the whales into the biggest billboards you’ve ever seen!
So what does an 18metre long billboard with a tail actually look like – it looks like this:
- A new website
- Customised Twitter feed with tweets on latest whales spottings up and down the coast
- Customised Facebook presence with video and data capture
- Electronic Direct Mail to exsiting database of over 20,000
- Pay per click advertising to capture existing search engine traffic
- Development of a whale watching mobile app
- Point of sale presence in visitor centres
- National media coverage and ongoing media coverage
You didn’t really think we spray painted a bunch of whales with the national parks logo did you?