What could you say about Social Media in 30 minutes? Not much and a real lot at the same time. This was the challenge at the Canberra Marketing and Communications Forum held at the National Press Club in Canberra. A summary of my top 10 thoughts were:
- Open your ears before you open your mouth
- Social Media can be measured – but measuring isn’t sexy right
- Privacy still matters – but nothing has really changed
- Keep being creative in how you use social media
- Who is your target market: are they digital immigrants or digital natives?
- You can spend money in social media – Free is just the beginning
- Real Time requires Real Time
- You still need a plan and goals
- Don’t follow fads
- The best social media policy: START
To see the full presentation view it on Slideshare or better yet just view it below!
Did you attend the presentation? Appreciate your feedback below.