Digital Tourism 101
The Capital Region has been growing its online tourism profile and attracting more visitors than ever before. Is your tourism business leading the pack or lagging behind? In this four hour session you will learn about what you should be spending your time and money on to stay competitive in the local and interstate online travel marketplace.
You will develop your digital business road map, learn the latest trends and information about digital marketing in the tourism industry and pick up tips on how to evaluate to ensure you are getting the best return on investment.Topics include:
- Understanding the Digital Travel Lifecycle
- Social media for tourism operators
- What are Mobile websites and how to optimise yours
- Making the most out of email marketing
- Online distribution – products and content
- Trip Advisor and online reviews
- Google Analytics and tracking results
- Online booking systems, ecommerce and using technology in your business.
- Outline the components of a digital marketing plan for tourism operators including the digital travel lifecycle, target markets, digital footprint, budget and reporting.
- Identify a range of tactics to market your tourism business including search optimisation, local listings, distribution, direct marketing and review sites.
- Half Day
- Full Day